Ben Green TSC Application - 2020-03-10

Name
Ben Green (@bengreen)

Organization
World Mosquito Program

What contributions (e.g., issue triage, tech support, documentation, bug fixes) have you made to the ODK or ODK-X community?
Documentation, Issue triage

How do you believe your contributions have benefited ODK or ODK-X?
I’ve helped setup a process for prioritising the backlog of issues for ODK-X, been a regular contributor to the TSC2 meetings and made some humble contributions to the documentation. I have shared details of World Mosquito Program’s implementation of ODK-X privately with prospective user organisations and the publicly with the Open Data Kit community. Have also been involved in broader community conversations and planning.

What do you believe the top priorities for ODK-X are?
To become a mature product suite that can be easily adopted by its user base. To grow a community of users and contributors. To identify funding sources that can contribute to a sustainable future for the products.

How will you help the ODK-X community accomplish those priorities?
Contribution to issue and feature prioritisation and longer term roadmap. Contributing to documentation updates and user onboarding pathways. User experience improvements through direct design and engagement with end users.

How many hours a week can you commit to participating on the TSC?

What other mobile data collection projects, social good projects, or open source projects are you involved with?
World Mosquito Program is a not for profit that collects operations data with ODK-X and other tools in 14 countries globally. I’ve been leading the development of WMP’s data products platform since it’s inception in 2016.

Please share any links to public resources (e.g., resume, blog, Github) that help support your application.
www.linkedin.com/in/bengreen