Default column in survey sheet does not work

I am using odk-x version 2.1.3 rev 232.

I am trying to add a default value (to default column in survey sheet) to a select_single type. It did not work. At first, I thought I might be using wrong string format. I tried different format, using single quotation marks, double quotation mark and no quotation mark at all. Still, it didn’t work.

So I tested with an integer type. And it did not work either.

I looked through all sample applications coming together with the download and I cannot find any example using default column in survey sheet of odk-x xlsx forms.

Can somebody please give me some suggestion on what could be going wrong?

Thanks,
Si Thu

p.s. I found some examples using default column in odk-1 xlsx forms.Those examples do not work in odk-x.

In general, the ODK examples and syntax do not translate into ODK-X; they are different designs. Check ODK-X documentation for what is included: ODK-X documentation — ODK-X Docs

I have not seen the default value column in ODK-X so it probably does not exist.

However, you can use assign prompt type to assign a value to a variable and this would work like a default, see in ODK-X XLSX Converter Reference — ODK-X Docs

Thank you very much, the assign prompt type works.

In the documentation https://docs.opendatakit.org/odk-x/xlsx-converter-reference/ however mentioned the ‘default’ as one of the optional columns of survey sheet. It should be removed.