Help to delvelop and implement ODK-X Sync endpoints

Hi,

I am trying to implement the ODK-X integration with my server. Therefore, planned to develop APIs to communicate with ODK-X Sync endpoints.
https://docs.opendatakit.org/odk-x/odk-2-sync-protocol/

In Overall Sync Workflow, i didn’t understand the first and fifth point which is

1. verify that the server supports the device’s appId If the server does support the device’s application name, then stop and report a server-configuration compatibility failure.
  1. if the device is syncing (vs resetting the app server), verify that the server supports the device’s odkClientVersion If the server does not have any files for that client version, then stop and report a server-configuration compatibility failure.

In response to the first point: You can have more than one “application” deployed to the ODK-X framework. For example you could could have a beer rating application and a bird watching application running in the framework. The “appId” is the string that allows the ODK-X framework know which “application” you are talking about. MOST people only have one application so they do not change the appId. ODK-X uses “default” as the default app ID.

In response to your second point: the “odkClientVersion” parameter was added for future expansion to help tell the difference of different protocols so that if and/or when it changes the software can tell which software it is compatible with.