ODK Survey - pulldata

I need help designing a pulldata calculation for ODK Survey. I cannot find documentation on pulldata for ODK survey. I do see and have it working for ODK Collect, but it seems ODK Survey does not support the same thing?

Is there an equivalent for ODK Survey or am I doing something wrong?

Hi @dbannon22,

I did not be able to find some documentation but I found another support post maybe it can help you to see the way they code this function to make it work:

Also, if you do not find the solution with this, you should share what you did to permit other members to help you :slight_smile:

All the best,
Chloé

Welcome to the ODK forum, @dbannon22 ! We’re glad you’re here. When you get a chance, please introduce yourself on this forum thread. I’d also encourage you to add a real picture as your avatar because it helps build community!

Are you trying to use a csv multi-level list in ODK-X Survey? The calculations are different in ODK-X than ODK (Collect). Here’s an example of selecting a region and then a country: Using ODK-X XLSX Converter — ODK-X Docs
If that’s not what you are trying to do, please describe a bit more the goals.

Hello elmps2018, thanks for welcoming me.

What I am trying to accomplish is to pre-load data from an external csv based on a unique id that is typed in my survey form.

I have a survey question that asks for an ID. I want to use that ID to pre-load data on the next section of the form from a External CSV where the records match that ID.

Then I think you are looking more for this:
https://docs.opendatakit.org/odk-x/tables-managing/#importing-data
It explains how you can preload (import) data from an external csv.