ODK-X view multiple columns subform within main form

Hi everyone

1. What is the problem? Be very detailed.
The default linked_table view of a subform within the main form shows these values:

date – [first field?] – checkmark [for completed?] – edit button – delete button

In looking over the sample forms and perusing the forum, I can’t seem to find a way to display additional fields, either in this view or via another display.

2. What app or server are you using and on what device and operating system? Include version numbers.

app-designer-2.1.4.; ODK-X

3. What you have you tried to fix the problem?

I’ve tried adding a second column to the query, but got stuck because I didn’t want any query definitions based on that column. I haven’t yet seen extra columns that help define the select part of an sql query.

I expect I’m missing something simple, but can’t seem to find it. There aren’t any clues here:

https://docs.opendatakit.org/odk-x/xlsx-converter-using/#linked-tables

Thanks in advance for any tips.
Tim

As I understand it, you are trying to display some other information in the instance name (how an observation gets labeled) for a linked table. This will be governed by the instance_name setting in the linked table itself. See: ODK-X XLSX Converter Reference — ODK-X Docs

The instance_name has to be a prompt (variable) in the linked table, but if you want to combine a few variables, e.g. first_name and last_name into full_name, you can do that with assign and then display full_name as the instance name.

@elmps2018 thank you. That sounds like a solution. I’ll try it.