ODK2 Print qrcode

What is the problem? Please be detailed.
How do I print qrcode labels in ODK2?
What ODK tool and version are you using? And on what device and operating system version?
using ODK2
What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?

What you have you tried to fix the problem?
Tried the ODK1 printer widget code. This did not work

Thanks

Hi @Margaret_Wambui!

I am not quite clear what you are trying to do with the QR codes, but here is the ODK2 documentation on using ODK Scan and QR codes:

https://docs.opendatakit.org/odk2/scan-form-designer-using/#qr-code

The ODK2 tools are definitely different than those for ODK1 so the code from ODK1 won’t work.

Hopefully that helps! If not if you can describe what you are trying to do with the QR codes that would help.

Best,
Caroline

Hello @elmps2018,
Thank you for a prompt reply.

To be specific, we have plants (male and female) uniquely barcoded in our fields for crossing purposes. For each cross made, a female and male plants barcode are scanned. These 2 barcodes are then joined together to make a cross-Id which is then printed and tagged to the plant.
Crossing depends on the flowering plants which is not predictable and hence the barcode must be generated in the app immediately parent plants are scanned.
How do I go about this using ODK2?

Thank you,
Margaret

Hi Margaret!

Although I have not done work with QR codes myself (so there may be a way to do this just that I don’t know), the documentation

https://docs.opendatakit.org/odk2/scan-form-designer-using/#qr-code

Says "To create a custom QR code, you can use an online QR code generator, such as these example: QR Code Generator or QR Stuff.

Once you have a QR code saved as an image, you can add it to your form like any other image file. See Adding Images for more information."

So I do not think (but am not 100% sure) that ODK2 creates or combines barcodes. You can use one of the suggested apps and then add the image of the QR code in ODK2 as an image.

Hope that helps!

Best,
Caroline