Android Studio and powershell issue

:clap: :clap:… Perfect. You’re getting there slowly… Adding to that, GitHub is a hosting service which is cloud-based and lets you manage your Git repositories in a better and more convenient way.

Send me a link to your github profile

We’ll do some practical exercises there and get back here for the next steps

I don’t know if thats it.

Yes It’s alright,

1. Create a new repository and give any name of your choice.

2. Add a readme file there or upload a text file so I can also make some changes to it

Also send the full specifications of your laptop, android dev demands a lot, especially the tools you’ll be using

I created a new repository. Can you see it.

Also, my laptop is Dell inspiron 15r, 8gb/500gb… windows 10

Its also, intel Core i5… The things i installed worked well so far

Alright, the specs are not bad. Let me check the git repo you created

I just forked the repository, meaning I’ve created a copy and I can experiment, do some changes without affecting the original copy ( which is yours ) and I can only submit a change via a Pull Request or PR ( I will be doing that soon so you see what I’m talking about ) and if it doesn’t conflict or suits you, it can be merged, etc…

I

I’ve sent a PR, merge it and see the little changes I did to the readme file.

:clap: :clap: Congrats on your first PR review

I’ll create a repository and you’ll follow same steps

1. Fork the repository

2. Make changes to the readme file

3. Send PR

GitHub Profile

Link to repository

Hello. I am sorry I haven’t responded since. I tried responding but they said i had given enough comments for the day as a new user… I tried editing your repository and did a pull request. Did you see it?.

@Jessica_itepu yea I noticed it too. Did you send the PR just now?

You’ve forked it but I haven’t seen any PR

I did create a pull request. plAlso, may i please get your email address or an alternative way to contact you. so i can send these messages even if i exceed my limit on github. And incase i forgot to mention. Thank you for everything. I hope i can do this to the end.

Edit: i tried sending this over an hour ago. It asked me to wait an extra hour

oh okay, E-mail: redeemgrimm@gmail.com, you can get to me on slack ( ODK-X #Outreachy )

@Jessica_itepu You’re doing great, keep up! :clap:t5: :clap:t5:

Still haven’t seen the pull request.

Wow. Awesome stuff going on here :clap:

2 Likes

I wish i could send screenshots. On my end its showing that i already sent pull requests. (I couldn’t text again after the last text i sent). Maybe i will mail what i see to you. (Images)

Today i forked the odk table app… I copied it and cloned it on android studio. And thats where i ran out of gas… :sob:… The plan was to try to change the status bar colour.

Hey @Jessica you can do it, Just take it easy. It seems overwhelming at first but as you keep practicing and making more mistakes, you’ll learn from them and everything soon becomes a piece of cake.

Was the cloning to android studio successful?

I think so but i am getting an error message… will show you via email

1 Like