ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED: problem accesing forms with survey

Using Android 8.1.0, and release 2.1.6 services, survey and tables, I can’t access the forms I have in my ODK-X Server. In fact, I can validate the user in the server, and I can see the forms, as in the follow image:

…but if I try to access the forms, I obtain the error message ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

Using “Scan ports” app, I can see how the port 8635 (that survey must to open) is closed, I don’t know why ¿?

Before trying to access forms in my own ODK-X server (https://odkx.climarisk.itccanarias.org/), I have tryed to access the general ODK-X server, that is, https://demo2.odk-x.com, using “demo_user1” and “password” to validate. Validation is correct but I can’t, even view the forms ¿?

Thanks in advance for your help!!

Hi @aortegon! Can you try uninstalling the apps, deleting the opendatakit folder from the tablet, and reinstalling and trying to sync the demo server? That may help narrow down the issue.

Thanks @elmps2018!!
I’ll do that, sure! Even OI File Manager must to be uninstalled?
I want you know that I have started doing that: first, I have installed the apps with nothing in the mobile, and I try to sync with de demo server…
Actually, I have no problem in my mobile, but I try to inform other peoples hoy it works ODK-X.
They are problems not syncing with the demo server, but they can’t view the forms in this server. After, when they sync with our own server (https://odkx.climarisk.itccanarias.org/), they view the forms, but with no access (they can’t open its).

I don’t think you need to uninstall oi file manager to retest, but if some issue arose in one of the ODK-X apps uninstall and reinstall is always an option to try.

It is good that your mobile works. When they sync with your server, I wonder if the issue may be access? For example, have you set up permissions so that their login can access?

Yes, of course! I know it’s not a permission issue because I have trayed to connect with their users and passwords (which I mayself have set previously), and I have no problem to access forms.
I ask to me if there is a mobile or android version issue (but the mobiles ar news, and android is 8.1.0)

What kind of mobiles are they? I know there are sometimes issues with, for example, technos mobiles needing some additional settings:

Hello,
You mention you have a “scan ports” app installed. Is it possible there is also some sort of firewall active on the phone that could block the traffic to localhost?
Best
/emil

1 Like

Thanks Caroline, I very appreciate your comments, @elmps2018, :wink:
I go to ask if they are techno mobiles, and I’ll inform you!!

1 Like

Thanks @Emil!!
I have asked previously for the possibles firewall at the mobiles, but it seems they aren’t any software doing that.
In facto, they are installed the Scan ports app after I have suggest to them, to investigate if the port 8635 (which, at least in my mobile and in others, I see Survey opens when is running) is or not open after start Survey. In his case, the 8635 port in closed after start Survey… I think here is the problem!

1 Like

Do you have ODK-X Services installed? The error is coming from when ODK-X Survey is trying to access the needed files form ODK-X Services. The http connection between Services and Survey is the problem.

Also did ODK-X Services successful complete a full sync after logging in?

1 Like

Thanks a lot, @W_Brunette !!
Yes, of course, Services is installed. In fact, to install Survey and Tables, I have indicated that it’s previously required to install first “OI File Manager”, and second, “ODK-X Services”. Only after theses apps ares installed, I have indicated to install ODK-X Services.
I think the problem arise when Survey try to open port 8635… in fact, there is not port open after start Survey.

For the last question,

…how can I be sure of that?

To check if the sync was successful, in ODK-X services use the “sync now” and wait until you have completed a successful sync. If it is successful the message will be:

Ok, thanks a lot @elmps2018! When I try in my mobile, even with the users I’ve created for them, I obtain the message you send me.
I go to ask the people with the ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED to be sure they obtain the success message also, :wink:

1 Like

I’m experiencing the same problem. I’m using Samsung tab A running on Android 8.1.0, with Services, Survey, and Tables version 2.1.6 installed. I’m trying out sample forms with ODK-X Survey application as per these instructions. I can’t seem to get past the verification as the error message “Configuration Error is displayed”. Is there something I’m doing wrong?

I installed Services, Survey, and Tables as per the basic instructions in the docs.

Thanks for any tips.

Sylvia

1 Like

@smusula Our apologies, it is a problem on our end as our encryption certificate is expired. We will hopefully have it back up as soon as possible.

We will post when we have it fixed.

1 Like

Ooh, @W_Brunette thanks so much for the response. I was driving myself crazy :grinning:

I look forward to testing the tools once its up.

1 Like

@smusula apologies for the delay.

The demo server has been fixed and is now available at a new address (documentation has been updated). Please note the new address https://survey-demo.odk-x.org.

Please let us know if you have any further issues.

2 Likes