Expression in condition column not successfully evaluated

The form preview in the Application Designer tool throws up an error stating the variable, in this case, “mobileNumber” is not defined. The image below shows this error.

I have in fact set “mobileNumber” as the name of the column to be written in the table through the name column in the survey section sheet. I can share the screenshot on request (I’m limited to one image per post for now.)

I’ve been stuck on this for a few days. I must add I’m very new to ODK 2.0. Any help is appreciated!

Thank you!

Hi there,

It seems that you are missing quotes. Try the following in your expression.

data(‘mobileNumber’)

Let me know if this is not the issue or another arises.

Clarice

Hi Clarice,

Thank you for your response.

When I tried this, XLSX Converter generates the following error -
Error: Error: Invalid or unexpected token interpreting formula: data(‘mobileNumber’)<9 on sheet: calculates row: 2 column: calculation

The screenshot -

I did notice that the syntax with the single quotes works in other example forms included with Application Designer. Still looking for a solution.

Thanks,
Satish

A workaround has been found, thanks to an earlier post from Karim (Karim_Bernardet1) about the very same error. I believe it has something to do with the type of single quote being keyed in.

A link to that thread for reference - [ODK2] Calculation - #5 by Satish_Ravishankar

It would be useful to understand how to type in the correct single quote using the keyboard.
In the interest of figuring out a solution rather than workaround, I will leave this topic as unsolved.

A solution has been suggested by linl33. Worked like a charm.
Lin suggested that Autocorrect options can be changed to allow keying in of the correct single quote.

For the sake of completeness, I’m including a screenshot and the solution here -
In LibreOffice Calc, go to Tools > AutoCorrect Options… > Localized Options. In that tab, make the changes as shown in the screenshot below.

That did the trick for me.
Thanks everyone.

Cheers!