Hide a variable in odk-x tables

Hey team and @elmps2018 , @linl33 , @W_Brunette , Is there a way I can hide a variable name(column) in ODK-X tables? For instance, I have variable age, gender, location, phone, so I want to hide the phone variable in ODK-X Tables from being seen.

Every view in Tables with the exception of spreadsheet view is customizable. Check out the examples like ListView or DetailView examples in app-designer.

1 Like

Thanks for clarification @W_Brunette

1 Like

@W_Brunette, @elmps2018 Is there a way I can update a given table with a new variable and upload changes to the server without resetting the server. For example, I have a table with 4 variables in the server, I add two extra variables. So when I upload changes to the server it should just add the two variables to the existing 4 variables on the server? Thanks.

1 Like

@James_Nyanga unfortunately you cannot. The issue is how do we merge the columns? Some does not have data some do. The idea is that you will need to merge the data and put it in a new table. Understanding this process up front has led to better outcomes rather than discovering the merge issues that await.

1 Like

@James_Nyanga as a tip. Some people add extra columns in the their model definition as a future use column. However, again the system is designed for you to pre-plan this and try to think through how you data will change.

1 Like

Thanks @W_Brunette for your clarification. I now understand.

1 Like