How to keep keyboard open on focus change, but not close and re-open

Is there a way to keep keyboard open on focus change? I found it very annoying (not to mention, the additional time that I have to spent to reopen the keyboard) to have the keyboard open and close everytime I move the focus to other field (the screen also move lower once the keyboard close).

One thing that I notice is, it is possible to do so because I am able to make my keyboard keep opened in some parts of my fields, but the close and open behaviour persist in other part of the field.

Any help will be very appreciated :slight_smile:

Attached is my xlxs form:
from row 24 to 27, the keyboard keep opened lm_master_form_discharge .xlsx (18.5 KB)

Video of my odk survey:

Hi @aliahadss24! Watching the video, it seems like the keyboard stays open easily when the questions are of the same type (e.g. textboxes). So an easy fix, if it works, is to just reorder questions so all the text ones are together. There’s probably a more advanced fix that requires changing some of the programming, but not sure the details of that one myself :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the reply :slight_smile:

Too bad that I couldn’t do that, the digital form mirror a printed form, by reordering the question it would confused user.

1 Like