Introduce yourself!

Hello everyone!
I am Mantue Reeves, Deputy Director-Monitoring and Evaluation with Last Mile Health. I really got to know about ODK in 2013. Liberia is using ODK on so many fronts- Population census, ad-hoc research/surveys for health-related projects, social development, etc. Currently, I support the Liberian Ministry of Health and LMH internal staff to use ODK to collect data for routine monitoring systems, program evaluations, and research studies. Of note, the Ministry of Health uses an ODK-based data collection tool to monitor fidelity to its national community health worker program and is also responsible for providing technical support to the Ministry on designing, modifying, and downloading data from this ODK platform. Though they are some challenges which my membership will benefit a lot from.

2 Likes

Hi Everyone,

My name is Chizzy Ibemeru! I am currently an intern with Outreachy.

I am here to learn and contribute to the awesome ODK community.

3 Likes

Hello Everyone, my name is Abongwa, I am an outreach applicant and excited to contribute to ODK-X.

4 Likes

Hi everyone, my name is Roseline Bassey, and I’m from Nigeria. I’m thrilled to express my interest in joining the ODK-X community as an Outreachy applicant. I would like to contribute to the “Create a GitHub and CircleCI based continuous build system for ODK-X” project.

I’m present on Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/roselyn-bassey/
On GitHub: Roseline-Bassey (Roseline Bassey) · GitHub

Outside of ODK-X, I volunteer at my local church teaching children on Sundays and also spending time with my family and friends.

As a fun fact, I enjoy singing, especially when doing chores around my home.

3 Likes

How do i get started

1 Like

Hi @ABHISHEK_KUMAR! Check out the post: Welcome Outreachy Applicants - Spring 2023

2 Likes

I am Moses Mukhanya, a data manager from Kenya.

I am have been using ODK collect for data collection and I want to transition to ODK-x applications. I am looking forward to your support.

2 Likes

I’m Tekviah Munandi from Kenya. I am a data scientist who has been working with different organisations to manage data collections in the field. My current project has prompted me to explore more ways to manage dat besides ODK and kobo collect. Very interested in exploring odk-x because of the advanced features :grinning:. I am always writing poetry and reading novels when am not at work.
Looking forward to enjoying this platform

3 Likes

Hello, ODK world

I’m Zach, an evolutionary anthropologist currently based at the Institute for Advanced Study in Toulouse, in the South of France. I use ODK Collect for my ethnographic and behavioral science fieldwork. I conduct longitudinal research among multiple ethnolinguistic groups in Southwest Ethiopia and co-direct The Omo Valley Research Project. Most of my research uses evolutionary theories to better understand variation and universality in human social behavior and socio-economic systems.

You can find me (@zhgarfield) or OVRP (@theOVRP) on Twitter for more information.

2 Likes

Hello All, I’m Tejas Sangale from India, and an outreachy intern for the May-Aug’23 cohort for the Build Pipeline project. As of my first task for the outreachy internship below attached is the link to my first blog " First Blog ".

PS: I love cricket ,football and biking other than geeking.

2 Likes

Welcome Zach!
That looks like an interesting project. ODK-X Survey and ODK-X Tables are perfect for longitudinal studies and used for this in many places, so please let us know if you need inspiration or assistance with these tools.
//emil

Welcome Tejas!
We’re happy to have you on board! :slight_smile:

Thanks, Emil!

I posted here soliciting an ODK-X developer for exactly this. We’re currently looking for quotes…

1 Like

Nice having you here @tejas

Hi everyone, does this group still hold convening’s? would love to see some of the latest examples/projects from ODK-X, is there a space to find a list or examples?

thanks!

Hi @Matt_Morio,
ODK-X hasn’t had a convening lately - we were just talking on the PMC call today how we need to do more showcasing of what folks are doing! So I hereby encourage everyone to make a post about your cool projects :slight_smile:

We do have a lot of great examples in the documentation too - see Example Applications — ODK-X Docs

Hi!

I am Harry. I work in the international development and humanitarian sector. I got involved in ODK as part of my job to assist in projects involving health supply chain and reverse logistics. Very new to data collection and analytics but looking forward to learning much more, particularly on the integration between ODK and PowerBi to visualise collected data.

2 Likes

Hello,

I am Chioma Obioha, a Data Analyst, from Abuja, Nigeria. I got to ODK-X through Outreachy Internship program for the Winter period (Dec 23 - Mar 24) I love working with data and I constantly seek better ways to present my report, hence ODK-X.

I love photography and you can as well catch me playing table tennis at my spare time.

I am delighted to be here. My goal is to actively engage, learn from each of you and offer my skills to help achieve the purpose for this project.

You can follow and connect with me on:
Github: Chioma-data-analytics (Chioma Obioha) · GitHub
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Chiomagoals

Best Regards

3 Likes

Hi Everyone, My name is Peace Sandy, and I’m a software developer and a technical writer. My initial application for outreach just got approved. This is my first time contributing to ODK-X. You can connect with me on Github- Peacesandy (Peace Sandy) · GitHub , Twitter - http://twitter.com/PeaceSandy3 . Fact: I love reading

3 Likes

Hello everyone,

My name is Maria Angella Aboyo from Uganda, I am an Outreachy applicant seeking to learn and share on this amazing project.

My GitHub handle is:

I enjoy making new friends and empowering young girls into the Tech space.

Thank you and regards,
Maria Angella A

2 Likes