Introduce yourself!

Hello

My name is Carlos Chacón. I am from Venezuela, I am currently working with the National Red Cross Society supporting the situation my country is facing.

My beginnings were with ODK; platform that was adapted to the needs that were emerging, however, we are currently working on the development of a tool based on ODK-X that is functional in the health care provided to vulnerable communities.

I am interested in continuing to learn from this new ecosystem, I am also at your service to share the knowledge that I have acquired.

Glad to join this community to contribute to receive rewards on the doubts that may arise!

Greetings

Hola

Mi nombre es Carlos Chacón. Soy de Venezuela, trabajo actualmente con la Sociedad Nacional de la Cruz Roja apoyando a la situación que afronta mi pais.

Mis inicios fueron con ODK; plataforma que se adaptaba a las necesidades que iban surgiendo, sin embargo, en la actualidad estamos trabajando en el desarrollo de una herramienta basada en ODK-X que sea funcional en las atenciones de salud que se brindan a a las comunidades vulnerables.

Estoy interesado de seguir aprendiendo de este nuevo ecosistema, de igual estoy a la orden para compartir el conocimiento que he adquirido.

Gustoso de unirme a esta comunidad para contribuir recibir retribuciones sobre las dudas que me puedan surgir!

Saludos

3 Likes

Hi All,

My name is Talha, I work in public health and associated with a research firm, plan is to use this tool with ongoing multiple studies.

Looking forward to great support from the community.

3 Likes

Hi everyone,

My name is Ahmed.

• I am based in Egypt.
  • I am computer engineering student
  • I love contributing to open source projects.

It’s nice to join the community.
Cheers!

3 Likes

Hello everyone,
My name is Prarthana. I am a university graduate from India and have an interest in the development and open source contributions mainly in java. I am an outreachy applicant and saw the project
“Improve ODK-X Suitcase Application” which was very similar to my interest.
Hoping to get the proper guidance to get started with it.

3 Likes

Hi @Prarthana_23! Welcome to ODK-X! The Outreachy contribution period doesn’t start until mid-March, so stay tuned and we will share more details! In the meantime you can check out the docs or issues queue to learn more about ODK-X tools.

1 Like

Hello everyone.
My name is Adeola.I am a student from Nigeria.I am new to ODK X.My github is Adexandria and Twitter is @addiexandria. Happy to be in this community.

2 Likes

Hello everyone,
I’m Ayush Shrivastava, undergrad from Indian Institute of Technology Patna, India. I’m very excited and looking forward to contribute to the android project of ODK, thanks a lot!
This is my github handle: s-ayush2903

2 Likes

Hello Everyone,
My name is Carolina. I am computer engineering and live in Colombia. I am pending approval to apply as a intern at Outreachy and I would like to contribute to this community and be part of this team. I want to get involved in New Date Prompts for ODK-X Survey projects and Improve ODK-X Suitcase Application. Can someone please guide me a bit and let me know where to start?. Thanks a lot! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @carcablop19! Welcome to ODK-X! The Outreachy contribution period doesn’t start until mid-March, so stay tuned and we will share more details! In the meantime you can check out the docs or issues queue to learn more about ODK-X tools.

2 Likes

Hello Everyone!
This is Prabhav, a pre-final year undergrad at IET Lucknow, India.
I have a slight experience in Android Dev. I’ve hosted 3 apps on Amazon App Store
https://www.amazon.com/s?i=mobile-apps&rh=p_4%3Anonwale&search-type=ss
I’ll be glad to learn and contribute for GSoc’21!
Looking forward to a great learning experience!

2 Likes

Hey, I am Shukshi Raj prefinal year undergraduate at IIT Roorkee. I want to contribute at ODK-X for outreachy 2021, pleas tell me where to start. I want to contribute at “New Date Prompts for ODK-X Survey”. Please tell me where to start. Thanks

2 Likes

Hi Community,
Myself Deepak Kumar. I am an Android Developer and live in India. I am pursuing my Bachelor of Science from Indira Gandhi National Open University. I have worked with the “Android Jetpack Architecture Components” like “Room Persistence Library”. I have also contributed to Open-Source Organisation by Crio.Do and powered by DigitalOcean. I am currently an intern as an Android developer in Spacenos Technologies. I currently work with Dagger2 and RxJava. I find my interest in the “Improve ODK-X Services Login User-Interface” Project and want to work with Android in Java.

My query: For Android, Will we have to work in Java?

My LinkedIn handle: https://www.linkedin.com/in/deepak-kumar13/
My Github handle: deepak-prajapatii (Deepak Kumar) · GitHub

2 Likes

Yes, ODK-X uses Java as it’s Android programming language.

1 Like

You can check out the docs to start to get an understanding of how the ODK-X apps/frameworks work.

1 Like

@W_Brunette Oh sounds good!

2 Likes

Hello everyone, Rituraj here!
I’m a Junior pursuing my B.Tech in Computer Science. I am having 2 years of hands-on experience in developing Android apps. Also, I work with Unity and have developed some fun Indie-games. I was recognized as the top contributor throughout India in NJack Winter of Code 2020. I have completed 4 internships in the field of Android and have been to several hackathons and attended many online and offline events and competitions which have helped me to gain many Industry oriented skills. I am good at designing UI’s and reached the Finals of Hero Colabs 2 (a competition in which devs from 3 countries took part) last year. I have contributed majorly to Fossasia and Oppia in the last few months along with minor fixes for NVIDIA, OpenTec & Asiatic, and am a part of 25+ different communities on Github.
My Github - riturajjain2000 (Rituraj Jain) · GitHub
I am interested in the project Improving ODK-X Services Login User-Interface for Gsoc’21
Looking forward to having an awesome GSOC experience with the Org!!

2 Likes

Hello Everyone,
I am Aditya Narayan Sah, a 3rd Year Undergraduate pursuing B.Tech. in Computer Science & Engineering.

• I am based in India.
  • Got involved in ODK-X because it’s free and opensource :raised_hands:
  • Trying to get involved by contributing to the project.
  • Get in touch on GitHub, itch.io or Email me.
  • I love participating in Game Jams on weekends.

Looking forward to contributing and interacting with all the awesome people here!

2 Likes

Hello everyone, I am Adithya Kumar, a B Tech Computer science and engineering student at Amrita University, India. I am a beginner in android development and currently planning to improve my skills in android development. The project - Improve ODK-X Services Login User-Interface seemed interesting to me. This my first time in an open-source community and I am glad to be here.

3 Likes

Good evening everybody, I’m Manav from India. I’m a beginner in app dev, I have a basic idea of html, java, c, xml. I’ve recently started working on appdev under full focus and have just completed my 2nd year in btech cse engineering. I would love to get along with the community and learn a lot of stuff and contribute along the way!!

2 Likes

Hello everyone, my name is Chidiebere Emmanuel. I am an intern software developer based in Nigeria. I joined ODK-X forum through the Outreachy internship program and I will be contributing to the ODK-X project. I love good food and I support Chelsea FC

2 Likes