ODK 2 Developer Call - 2018-08-28

ODK 2 Developer Call

TIME: :sparkles: Tuesday, August 28th, 2018 at 4:00-5:00 UTC (Monday, August 28th @ 9 pm PDT) :sparkles: (convert to local time)

Note: there are two ODK 2 developer meetings a month at different times to accommodate interested parties in various parts of the world.

We will be using Open Data Kit’s Uber Conference system:
LINK: https://www.uberconference.com/opendatakit

Please post below topics you would like to discuss at the meeting :point_down:

I will be giving an update on the Push Notification project completed by @laddha-adi for Google Summer of Code.

Thanks Jeff,

I am planning to join the call – no specific topics to discuss at this stage.

cheers, Ben

I plan to discuss-

1. Upcoming 2.1 release
  2. TSC 2 formation coming up
  3. Rename…

Hi Jeff and Waylon,

Some members of our delivery team here in Ho Chi Minh City will join as well, so if it’s possible to include a brief introduction on the purpose of the calls.

If there isn’t time that’s fine, I can do so outside of the meeting.

cheers, Ben

ODK 2 Developer calls bring together the developer community to discuss issues. We discuss roadmap, issues that need addressing, and prioritize the upcoming features. Developers give brief reports on the areas they are improving.

Everyone is welcome to participate in these calls.

August 28th, 2018 ODK 2 Developer Call Summary

The next call will be on :sparkles: Tuesday, September 11th, 2018 at 15:00-16:00 UTC (8 am PDT) :sparkles: (convert to local time)

Call Recording:

Highlights

• Current plans to release 2.1 are slated for Friday August 31st, barring any unforeseen issues.
  • The 2.1 release will include Peer to Peer synchronization, and bug fixes. It will not be fully backwards compatible with the ODK 2.0.* releases.
  • The Technical Steering Committee for ODK 2 (TSC 2) will begin formation after TSC 1 completes its current replenishment. Anyone with an interest in the feature prioritization and roadmap for ODK 2 should consider applying.
  • @W_Brunette will post a thread to discuss the rename for ODK 2 shortly. Please post or critique possible new names.
  • @laddha-adi completed his Google Summer of Code Push Notifications project. However, he and @Jeff_Beorse are cleaning it up for the release candidate targeted at September 15th.

Rename thread posted: