Odk file import

Hello team,

I am trying to import csv file from my phone using ODK-X tables but it is generating an error “import file must reside in opendatakit folder”. Opendatakit folder is there and I have stored my file in opendatakit/default/assets/csv folder, I have installed files by Google as the documentation states but Still I can’t import a file. I push the app using adbpush to my phone for testing. Phone android version is 11.I will appreciate your feedback.

Thanks

2 Likes

Hi @jack_nyanga! We have replicated this problem and raised an issue (Unable to import CSV file in ODK-X Tables · Issue #350 · odk-x/tool-suite-X · GitHub).

Issue seems to be with the filepath, for example in log: “D/ImportCSVActivity: 2023-06-07 05:48:51.205 uri of CSV import file: content://com.android.externalstorage.documents/document/primary%3Aopendatakit%2Fdefault%2Fconfig%2Fassets%2Fcsv%2FTea_houses_editable.updated.csv”

%2F should be slashes.

You can possibly uses tables.init as a workaround: Managing ODK-X Tables — ODK-X Docs at least for testing, and then remove that and the csvs and use Suitcase for once a server is up.

1 Like