Odk-x survey hide subform

1. What is the problem? Be very detailed.
Hi all,
I expect this is easy but I can’t figure it out.
I have a subform that I want to be able to open only via the main form, not on its own. I have followed the directions here: Building an Application — ODK-X Docs

and my main form does only show up as the option in Chrome, in the app developer. But both forms continue to be available on my gadget when opening ODK-X Survey.

2. What app or server are you using and on what device and operating system? Include version numbers.

ODK-X Survey 2.1.4 rev 234
App-designer 2.1.4

3. What you have you tried to fix the problem?
Here are my settings in framework.xlsx. Note no mention of a second form.

Here is what it looks like on my gadget.

My question: Where are the settings to modify this view so that only the main form is displayed?
Thanks!

4. What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?

This was also asked here, with no responses

5. Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach below.

Hi @tghoward!

So as it currently functions, you cannot hide any sub-forms from the main survey screen. See the first note here:
https://docs.opendatakit.org/odk-x/survey-using/

Being able to hide them is a request I get frequently, so if it’s something you are running into as well, maybe suggest it as a feature on the forum here, or put it as an issue on Github. I could imagine this being an additional setting available for each form.

In the meantime, one workaround for at least preventing people from creating new instances would be to use the query and newRowInitialElementKeyToValueMap to feed in a dummy variable – that would only happen if entering from the main form – and have an immediate constraint that the variable has to be one. This would therefore constrain creating new instances, at least, to going through the main form.

@elmps2018,
Thanks so much for the reply! Ahh, ok, I didn’t realize that, obviously. Thanks for clarifying. After submitting it, I realized that one answer to my question might be: “use Tables to design your form launching platform” and now maybe even more so! I just re-loaded all the demo forms and started exploring them from the Tables side. In the end that’s probably the best way to go anyway, I expect (is there any reason not to?). For others reading this chain, the second sentence here even suggests using Tables to launch your forms is appropriate:

https://docs.opendatakit.org/odk-x/tables-intro/

Thanks again.