Sync Endpoint on AWS

Hi,
I have followed the steps in the documentation to deploy an odk x sync endpoint on an AWS EC2 free tier instance. I have done so with the config script provided in the documentation as well as the most recent python version provided on github with the same result detailed below.
The install goes well and than over the course of the next 5 min. the system bogs down and becomes unresponsive. It gradually becomes laggy with keyboard strokes slowly appearing until it becomes completely unresponsive.
When I run a resource monitor (htop) I can see the system resources slowly max out. After this occurs the instance is bricked, upon reboot ssh times out and the system is completely unresponsive.
It appears that the EC2 instances available on the free tier cannot handle the resource requirements of a sync endpoint. The documentation appears to indicate that this was previously possible.
At the moment this is the only cloud service available to me, can you please help me to get this working? Is it possible that a previous version that was less resource intensive is available?

Thank You

1 Like

There are multiple VM sizes on the free tier. What size did you try? Generally you need at least 4GB ram and at least 30 GB disk space.

1 Like