Welcome Outreachy Applicants Spring 2022!

Welcome prospective Outreachy applicants! ODK-X is excited to be participating in Outreachy this spring! This program provides awesome opportunities for folx under-represented in open source and tech to complete paid internships.

About ODK-X
Data collection and management is a key component of social good efforts ranging from polio elimination to rainforest conservation to labor justice and the ODX-X project provides a tool suite which contains tools to meet those needs. ODK-X is a platform to build custom apps that enable users to manage and visualize their data just as well in the field as they do in the office. Users of the ODK-X suite include the World Mosquito Program, Mercy Corps, and St. Catherine University.

Communication
If you have any questions about internships in general, please ask in the comments for this post! Administrators may split some of the longer threads into their own topics if needed but please start all general internship forum conversations in this thread.

We prefer you use the forum for communication so all time zones can have a chance to respond. If you have a question that needs a real-time answer or just want to chat, you can find us on the internship Slack (Note that this invite link expires every so often, let us know below if it is not working). We also have channels for specific topics.

We aim to have all conversations in public to increase transparency and knowledge sharing. In this spirit, please refrain from messaging community members directly!

Projects
These high-level descriptions should serve as a starting point to understand the various projects:

Getting Started

• Read over this post and Outreachy’s guidance for contributing very carefully and ask below if you have any questions
  • Look over the ODK-X website and ODK-X documentation to familiarize yourself with the project
  • Find an issue in the Issue Queue tagged “easy win” or “good first issue” that you want to work on and comment to claim it. Try to find an issue related to the project you want to work on if possible, or at least in the same codebase. The project pages above link to the appropriate Github repositories.
  • Join the internship Slack and talk to community members and mentors.

Applying to be an ODK-X intern
If you make and record a contribution you can then, at the end of the contribution period, submit your final application.

We recommend starting to discuss your project ideas as soon as you can! The earlier you start your contributions, the stronger your application will be.

1 Like

Hi everyone,
Am Walton Goga, an outreachy intern applicant. Its a pleasure to be part of this community and am looking forward to a great collaboration in realising the projects

3 Likes

Hi everyone,
I’am Ngodwill an Outreachy intern applicant. Am new to ODK-X and look forward to contribute to this project and to provide content to this project in any way that will make it achieves it potentials

3 Likes

Hello everyone. I’m Olaitan, an Outreachy internship applicant from Nigeria. ODK-X is brand new knowledge to me but I am excited about the work that is being done. I am eager to be a part of the community and contribute.

3 Likes

Hello everyone! I’m Shreya Vijayvargiya, an Outreachy applicant from India. Looking forward to contributing to this community :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi everyone, I’m Alice an Outreachy Internship Applicant. Can’t wait to contribute to this project to the best of my abilities and be a member of this community :smiling_face:

3 Likes

Hello everyone my name is Stephanie Nkwatoh an outreachy intern from Cameroon. I’m happy to be here

3 Likes

hello everyone, this is manognya from India, an Outreachy applicant. I am happy to contribute to this project.

4 Likes

Hello Everyone, I’m Vanessa from Kenya and an Outreachy Applicant. I am excited to contribute to this project.

3 Likes

This is Atuhwera Julian, Am excited to contribute to ODK-X once again as an outreachy applicant

3 Likes

Good Morning Respected Mentors and my dear friends .
I am Mohammed Mustafa Ali pursing Computer Science Engineering from Hyderabad, India.

I hope that I could make contributions to the best of my abilities as I am a newbie to the Open Source and with that along make friends of life.

Thanks

3 Likes

Hey! I am Saarini Ritesh from India. I am really excited to start contributing to this project, learn and meet new people.

2 Likes

Hi everyone
I’m a product designer and a outreachy applicant
Hoping to learn from you all

2 Likes

Hello, i am an outreachy applicant and i am really confused. I am a ui designer and saw a lot of ui projects i can word on with ODK-X. However i dont know how to. I work with Figma and was thinking there will be a link to the project where we can edit and then submit our contributions. But there’s been no such link. Can someone please put me through. Thanks

1 Like

Hi @Jessica_itepu! This post is about Outreachy Spring 2022! I am guessing you are a fall/winter 2022 applicant! The instructions for getting started are on Outreachy Internships | Apply | Pick a Project

1 Like

Hi, everyone

I’m Dami. It’s a pleasure to be here.

2 Likes

hello @elmps2018 the link to the internship slack is no longer active, please can you share another

1 Like

@Ijeoma This is the post for spring. The fall link is: Slack

Thank you @elmps2018 , I have joined the right one :innocent:

1 Like