Welcome Outreachy Applicants - Spring 2024

Updated Slack Link.

https://join.slack.com/t/odk-x/shared_invite/zt-2ds5108af-Jf51DlRcbxyoJMrnOVNHng

1 Like

Thank you for the warm welcome and for the resources. Excited t contribute :hugs:

1 Like

Thank you, Looking forward to contribute.

1 Like

The twice a month ODK-X PMC meeting is coming up on Tuesday. We dedicate time during this meetign to answer your Outreachy questions. Please refer to the meeting announcement: ODK-X Community Call 2024-03-12 @ 14h00 UTC

Also, while we have two Outreachy projects the project mentors are split between the projects. Some of you are tagging me (@wbrunette) for UI/UIX issues. Instead you need to be tagging Redeem (@Redeem-Grimm-Satoshi) or Ben (@maprehensive)

UI/UIX - Redeem (@Redeem-Grimm-Satoshi) or Ben (@maprehensive)
Android Tests - Waylon (@wbrunette) or Love (@Lamouresparus)

Generic issues you can mention any of us: Caroline (@elmps2018) Redeem (@Redeem-Grimm-Satoshi), Ben (@maprehensive), Waylon (@wbrunette) or Love (@Lamouresparus)

1 Like

@W_Brunette @elmps2018 I would like to work on ODK-X documentation as my contribution and make it more friendly and detailed for new users or intern in this case

@Redeem_Grimm
would like to work on ODK-X documentation as my contribution and make it more friendly and detailed for new users or intern in this case

@JoyA, you can definitely improve documentation as part of your contribution, although you’ll want to make sure you can show the project-specific technical skills as well. Please either tackle existing issues in the issues queue related to documentation or if you find other issues, you can create them. Minor edits can always be put in against Line edits in docs · Issue #207 · odk-x/tool-suite-X · GitHub

@W_Brunette @elmps2018 i have an idea i would like to run by you concering the project. Do i send a mail this effect?

And i also have another question. If a PR hasnt been merged by the final application deadline, does it still count as a contribution?

1 Like

If a PR has not been merged it still counts if you are done. If you have not revised based on feedback it still counts but less because it wasn’t correct.

2 Likes