Why are dates in ODK-X behind with one day

Hi Team,
We did a DQA on our data and the DQA found out that ODK-X dates are behind with one day. Why is this so?

1 Like

Hello,

Can you please provide a little more information on this?

1 Like

I have been capturing data using odk-x survey and I have date variables thus reporting date.On doing a DQA on the data collected it was found that dates in survey are behind with 1 day.Thus if reporting day is 2021-08-26T21:00:00.000000000
in the odk-x tables it will appear as 2021-08-25T21:00:00.000000000
the dates are in time zone.May I know why this is so.

@hissdev this may depend on what type of date prompt you are using. In terms of prompts see: ODK-X XLSX Converter Reference — ODK-X Docs some adjust for time zone. So as you move time zones dates may shift depending on what prompt type you use.

The date is NOT one day behind it is saved in a uniform timezone and can be converted to your local timezone.

The standard date format saves the dates in UTC timezone. On the mobile device an other user interfaces the system will convert the date from the UTC timezone to the local timezone. However, if you are looking at the data directly from the database or you created a custom UI you need to use the functions to convert the date correctly.

2 Likes