Introduce yourself!

Hello everyone!

My name is Esther-Phebe, I am an Outreachy applicant from Lagos, Nigeria and my pronouns are she/her. I am very excited to make a contribution to ODK-X, I am fairly new to open source contribution and I plan to learn a lot from this experience. I want to make contributions to “New Date Prompts for ODK-X Survey”.

I wish everyone a smooth contribution phase.

2 Likes

Hi everyone, I am Haimantika Mitra from India. I am an Outreachy participant and I am looking forward to learning and contribute at ODK-X.
Twitter- https://twitter.com/HaimantikaM

2 Likes

Hi @Anushka! Some tips for getting started are here.

1 Like

Nice to meet you all!

Hello, I am Nathaly from Caracas, Venezuela.

I am a software developer and mid-level technician in computer science who graduated from a technical school and who is currently taking full advantage of her enrollment in online programs.

I will be happy to contribute as an Outreachy intern.

Happy coding and documentation.

2 Likes

Hello!
I am Veena, a final year graduate at NIT Karnataka in Computer Science.
I am an Outreachy participant and would love to contribute to “New Date Prompts for ODK-X Survey” project. I have prior experience in using Java, JavaScript, HTML, and CSS. Moreover, I have used Android Emulator and Node.js before. I want to know from where should I start? Thanks.

2 Likes

Hi @Veena! Excited you are here! Here’s a post on getting started with Outreachy!

2 Likes

Hello everyone,

My name is Khayal Pacha Sayeedi, I’m from Afghanistan. I have a bachelor’s in Computer Science from Nangarhar University, Nangarhar, Afghanistan. Currently, I’m working as a Software Developer at National Statistics and Information Authority (Afghanistan).

I have involved with ODK-X at NSIA (Afghanistan), we have designed a national survey of Income, Expenses, and Labor Force for Afghanistan.

My Social profiles are:
Facebook: @khayalsayeedi
Twitter: @khayalsayeedi
LinkedIn: @khayalsayeedi
GitHub: @khayalsayeedi

Thanks,
khayalsayeedi

4 Likes

##Hey guys, I Am Emmanuel Amadi, a graduate of computer science. With a huge flair for Open source, data science and analutics. Am an Outreachy participant and I am looking forward to learning and contribute and networking at ODK-X.

2 Likes

Hi, My name is Aubin Crispy and I live in Brussel. I am an outreachy applicant and I will be contributing to the ODK-X Suitcase Application. I am looking forward to have an amazing experience.

2 Likes

Hi everyone,

My name is Emeka Okechukwu typically based in Ghana. Currently studying Computer Science at Ashesi University.

I become involved with ODK-X through GSoC and would love to contribute to the documentation plus issues.

My GitHub is emeka-okechukwu-dev

2 Likes

Hello everyone, I am the Founder/CEO of Clean Water International. It is our goal to implement ODX for our organization so that not only our in-field staff can use it to add beneficiaries data, but we are also empowering rural women as Community Health Agents so they can provide our ceramic water filters to families in their areas at the same time make a livelihood. Traditional builder apps are not possible to use as we could never afford the licensing for each of our community transformational women, so we are hoping to connect with this forum for future support.

Thank you!

3 Likes

Hello everyone, my name is Leila Yesufu, and i’m an outreachy applicant!
excited to be working on the project
best of luck to everyone

2 Likes

Hi Everyone,

My name is Chinenye, I am based in Nigeria. I got involved with ODK-X through the Outreachy initiative to contribute to open source projects.

My time on the project has mostly been on improving the project documentation and usability. I love the ODK community, its value for open source and support to collaborative problem-solving.
I’m glad to be learning and contributing to ODK-X for Outreachy 2021!

Contact info:

Personal email: “Chinenye Okafor” okaforchinenyelilian@gmail.com
GitHub profile: https://github.com/chinenyelilian
Twitter profile: https://twitter.com/Foreheaded_girl

Looking forward to a greater learning experience!

2 Likes

Hello, My name is Ronald Kagiri from Kampala, Uganda. I would like to get involved with ODK-X due to a need to conduct longitudinal surveys in future. I have only been involved in ODK projects. My twitter/github are kagron/rkagiri respectively. I love doing business. And I have started up a few initiatives over the past 2 years.

4 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Installing ODK-X tools on tablet (stuck on configuring)

Hi, mi name is Juan Solórzano and I’m based on Quito, Ecuador.
Using odk for a while, trying to switch to odk-x, looking for support
follow me on twitter @jp_solo

2 Likes

Hi guy’s
My name is Prince and I am from India.
I am an Electrical engineer 3rd year Student At the National Institute of Technology.
I want to explore open source worlds and develop my programming skills.
I am currently a beginner in Android Development.
I am Practicing data structures and algorithms in c++.
please guide me guy’s I want to work with you guy’s do let me join you all.

3 Likes

Hi @alokpince! If you are interested in contributing check out the docs to learn about the apps and you can start contributing by commenting on an issue you want to work on in github. Items labeled good first issue or easy win are good ones to start with.

1 Like

Hello everyone
My name is Comfort Asukwo, I am a software developer intern based in Nigeria and my pronouns are she/her. I joined the ODK-X forum through the Outreachy internship program and i will be contributing to the Update ODK-X’s Tests to most recent Android Testing Framework project.
I am ready to explore the open source world and give her my best

4 Likes

Hi everyone. I’m called Redeem Grimm. Based in Cameroon, An Outreachy applicant. So excited to work with ODK-X Organization.

4 Likes