Introduce yourself!

Hello everyone,

My name is Saheed, and my pronouns are He/Him/His. I am a UI/UX Designer based in Ibadan, Nigeria.

I got involved with ODK-X after being accepted to be a contributor through Outreachy. I have read project’s documentation and I know what ODK-X entails.

I have not been involved with any KDK-X project yet but I’m ready and willing to put in the time to make meaningful contributions to the ODK-X and community at large.

You can follow me on
Twitter: https://twitter.com/thimmoh
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/saheed-abdullahi-219430195/

I’m pretty excited to be here. Thank you.

3 Likes

Hello everyone!

I’m Miriam Etim from Nigeria. Looking forward to contributing, and learning!
:clinking_glasses::v:

4 Likes

Hey I am Niranjan Lamichhane from Nepal

3 Likes

Hi everyone! :laughing:
My name is Hailey and I come from China. I am excited to be here and really looking forward to contribute to the ODK-X project. In spite of I’m a beginner, I learned as fast as I can.Thanks for guiding me with my questions!

4 Likes

Hello everyone, My name Miriam Onuoha, I am from Nigeria an outreachy applicant. Nice to meet you all.

3 Likes

Hi, I’m Kosonyeme Daniella. I’m based in lagos , Nigeria. I am a UI/UX designer . I got involved with ODK-X via outreachy contribution period. I am very excited to be a part of this as I am new to open source .

3 Likes

Hi,

My name is Oluwadamilola but you can call me Dami.
I’m a UI/UX Designer from Lagos, NIgeria.
I like to say that I’m fastidious (it’s true, lol).
I’m begining to learn new things here and that’s exciting.
I’m glad to be here and hope to make friends before the end of this contribution phase.

PS: I’ve checked this forum over and over but didn’t see these responses until now.

4 Likes

Hello Alllllllll :wave: :people_hugging:

My name is Jessica Itepu and i just got assigned to a few projects. And i have questions😖… quite an embarrassing amount lol. But then i know i am not alone…
i am a ui designer who uses Figma to design… Odk-x projects are things i can work on. So

1. Am i to download each apps (e.g odk-x survey app)
  2. Is there a link to the raw files we can work on (i have not seen any)
  3. If not how did you get the interface you are working on? You have to see the previous designs to know where to effect change… where do i get that.

I would really appreciate responses… (Abeg make una cut soap for me) :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Hello Everyone,
My name is Amarachi Roseline. I am a product designer living in Nigeria. I am a prospective intern at Outreachy and I would like to contribute to this community and be part of this team. I want to get involved in redesigning the ODK-X brand to modernise the look and feel and to create a logo. Most times, I love dancing, singing and listening to music, other times, I read novels and articles.

Here’s my Twitter: https://twitter.com/amarachhhiii
Here’s my GitHub: Amarachhhiii (Anyadiegwu Roseline Amarachi) · GitHub

Can someone please guide me a bit and let me know where to start? Thanks a lot!

2 Likes

According to the information from mentor on community slack channel , the goal in this project is to template standard design elements and layouts in Android Studio. That means designs are being implemented more directly into code.
For designer , we can do our designs in the app of your choice, and submit screenshots back to the issue you’re working on.
I hope i am unable to answer all three questions

2 Likes

Hi Jessica, It’s great to have you. I’m Clement.
Lol, your questions are actually valid. I struggled a bit too when I joined, but I can help you to the best of my ability.

1. In order to get a good grasp of the flows and functions of ODK-X, i’d advise you to install the apps.
  2. Yes
  1. Visit the ODK-X issues page on github and look for issues with the tags “good first issue” + “user interface uplift”. Ask to be assigned (you can begin working on an issue before being assigned). Then submit screenshots of your work under the issue.

Here is the link to the issues page: Issues · odk-x/tool-suite-X · GitHub

I hope these help Jessica.

1 Like

Thank you so much. This is really helpful

Thank you a so much clement. I am so glad i asked and thanks for coming through for me. I’d download the apps asap

1 Like

If you are just joining and you are not on the slack platform, click this link to join in and get more information. ODK-X Platform

2 Likes

Hello Everyone,
I am Shenyuy Goodness-Divine, I am a Cameroonian and an Outreachy internship applicant and i will love to be part of this community by contributing and learning from the Custom UI components for ODK-X mobile apps project which is my first ODK-X project i have come accross. I am hoping that with your assistance I will be able to carry this out successfully.
My GitHub account: shenyuygoodness · GitHub

Well aside from ODK-X, i am facinated about cybersecurity and human psychology

For a fun fact, did you know time is the only thing that accounts for our existence.

3 Likes

Welcome Shenyuy, nice to have you here.
Will you be joining as a developer or UI Designer?

Hello everyone, My name is Ijeoma Uduma, and I am a UI/UX Designer based in Lagos, Nigeria. I have applied to be an Outreachy Intern, and I am looking forward to using my skill set to help the ODK-X mobile applications’ user interface and user experience while also learning from and collaborating with everyone.
here is my twitter handle: https://twitter.com/aijay_ud

Bawo ni!!

I am Dipo Apelehin, an Outreachy applicant from Lagos, Nigeria. I came across ODK-X project and I am interested in seeing how I can contribute to its mission.
Currently going through the documentation and look forward to contributing.

You can find me on Twitter— https://www.twitter.com/diposoffree/
Or on GitHub— realdipo (Dipo Apelehin) · GitHub

1 Like

Hi Jessica,
You can read up on how to download the ODK-X apps here Installing ODK-X Basic Tools — ODK-X Docs

I will also recommend that you join the slack community as you can find more answers to your questions there

Also, you can find projects to work on in this page Issues · odk-x/tool-suite-X · GitHub

Hello everyone,

My name is Serah Wakaba, an Android/IOS developer based in Nairobi, Kenya

I got involved with ODK-X after being accepted as a contributor through Outreachy. I had little information about ODK-X but after a lot of research and going through ODK-X documentation, I now know what it entails and I am ready and willing to work with the community and make significant contributions.

1 Like