ODK-X surveys and tables on a PC

Is it possible to create survey and tabular applications for PC users, or does data only get collected in the Android interface?
Does ODK-X have the equivalent of the Enketo interface available to ODK?

Also, is the option for uploading files (e.g. pdf or word documents) available perhaps? Not for integrating data, just for submitting arbitary files.

Thanks!
Noel

Hi @Nada108! As you are new to the community, when you get a chance, please introduce yourself here. I’d also encourage you to add a real picture as your avatar because it helps build community!

ODK-X collects data on Android devices, not PCs.

You can have attachments – I am not sure about specifically pdf or word documents – but you can definitely submit audio, photo, video, etc.

Unfortunately, we have not had the resources to build the PC compatible version yet, but happy to help you if you have the resources.

1 Like

We had similar requirements for a project, our short term solution has just to use an emulator (e.g. bluestacks or android studio) to run the odk applications on a pc within a virtual android tablet.

I also developed my own small dashboard tool for accessing some data online, although it’s far from production-ready (right now focus is just supporting our internal use cases) - but I’ve made it open source in case anybody wants to collaborate or contribute in the future:
https://odkx-tools.c2dev.co.uk/

3 Likes