Phpldapadmin cannot be opened

Hello,

I try to set up a user account for login in the web-ui.
I tried to access phpldapadmin like this:

w3m https://localhost:40000

it shows “Opening Socket…” for about a minute, then fails.

Trying to open it in Firefox via

https://odk.ourdomain.org:40000

Shows “cannot connect”

The web-ui shows up under our domainadress as it should.

No errors to be found in the logs for the ldap or phpldap containers.

Can I set up users on commandline(without phpldap)?
If so: how exactly?

Hi @zettberlin! As you are new to the community, when you get a chance, please introduce yourself here.

I’d also encourage you to add a real picture as your avatar because it helps build community!

The instructions for setup are here: ODK-X Sync Endpoint — ODK-X Docs

If you still have questions or issues if you could tell us a bit more about what you already did (e.g. “I am on the step where… and I already did X, Y, Z successfully …”) and what you are trying to do now that would be helpful. Thanks!

Hello @elmps2018 thank you for the kind answer.

As of now I am not sure, if my organisation will continue to use OKD[1].
So I do not know, if I will return here on a regular basis…

I think, I could at least try to evaluate the installation, if I could send an ldif File using the command line and ldap tools to the LDAP server.
So if, by any chance, someone has such a file, I would be very grateful, if you post it here.
I could then write a PHP Application, that allows to set up a new user in a end user friendly form…

[1]
Why do we discuss to abandon ODK?
In short: complexity.
The Androidapp is in fact the sole reason why we still use ODK, if we find a way, to replace that app, we could collect the data in our own MySQL DB and browser, compute and visualise the data as we see fit.
That would be about a thousand lines of code and maybe 2 weeks work.

We really do not understand, why you use that complex swarm of containers. Aggregate was overkill already: I mean, we talk about grabbing some textdata and files via network and store it.
If the staff in the field could be online allways, we would simply give them a bookmark to open in the browser and make a simple form builder for the local admin…

We need to run ODK alongside LAMP and Geoserver, to set up the ports alone to make that work is a hardship, that would not be neccessary, if ODK would be a WAR to be deployed with Tomcat…

I mean no offence, your work is much appreciated. But please consider to embrace minimalism…

BTW: of course I read the documentation. I am all into that old RTFM thing.
I only ask questions, if I really do not find an answer myself.

Did you open the port 40000 on your server? It won’t connect if the port is not open. However, you do not want to leave the port open. I generally use an SSH tunnel on port 40000 to connect.

Also your comment is not minimal… Since Open Data Kit’s beginnings in 2009 most users do not know what a WAR is. “if ODK would be a WAR to be deployed with Tomcat…” If you are happy with just a WAR use that, you do not need the rest.

At it’s base is a WAR feel free to use it, you need maven to compile the sync-endpoint-war module in the sync-endpoint repo. Also we use Spring Security to connect to LDAP or ActiveX or whatever you like. The rest of it is automating so people who do not know what a WAR is setup. There is a script that creates the priviledges ODK-X needs on your database: sync-endpoint-default-setup/db-bootstrap/bootstrap.sh at master · odk-x/sync-endpoint-default-setup · GitHub

1 Like